Why does the My Health My Community survey matter to local government?
Good data is essential for the planning of services, programs and infrastructure of a healthy and sustainable community. The My Health My Community survey will provide meaningful, local information about the health status and needs of your local population so you can better understand how lifestyle, neighbourhood and environment affect health and well-being in their communities.
The more widely the survey is circulated, the better our data – and the greater our ability to provide you with the information you need about your communities.
How can I help?
The success of the My Health My Community survey depends on our ability to engage residents in each community so that we can provide municipalities with rich data about their residents.
Here are a couple of easy ways to spread the word about My Health My Community:
- Put up posters in municipal facilities such as recreation centres, libraries and City Hall
- Email about My Health My Community to your staff encouraging them to take the survey or share information about the My Health My Community survey through staff newsletters or intranet sites
- Post a web banner, button or news story on your website
- Share our video. It’s available in English, with subtitles in Punjabi and Chinese
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Display posters in lunch rooms and bulletin boards
- Encourage community partners to spread the word by sending the My Health My Community email template through your networks
- Advertise on digital screens or digital bulletin boards
- Write to your local paper about the importance of healthy communities and the role of this survey in supporting that
- Talk about the importance of health & wellbeing at local meetings and the role of this survey in supporting that
We will be uploading promotional materials on this page prior to our official survey launch.
If you have questions or comments about My Health My Community or how to become a community champion, please don’t hesitate to go to our Contact Us page and drop us a note.