Why does My Health My Community matter to community agencies and non-profit organizations?
Reliable, local-level data is necessary in order to inform the planning of your programs and services. My Health My Community survey will provide information about the health status and needs of our local populations so that you can create the best programs and service possible.
The success of the survey depends on our ability to engage diverse communities – that’s where you come in! The more widely the survey is circulated, the better our data will be – and the greater our ability to provide your organisations with the information you need to deliver well informed services.
How can I help?
One of the most effective ways community agencies and non-profit organizations can help is to encourage your employees, clients and volunteers to take the survey. Here are a couple of easy ways to spread the word about My Health My Community:
- Email about My Health My Community to your staff, clients and volunteers encouraging them to take the survey
- Share information about the My Health My Community survey in your newsletter
- Post a web banner, button or news story on your website
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
- Display posters in your lunch rooms and community bulletin boards
- Set up computer kiosks where the survey can be completed
- Promote the survey at your events
- Share our video. It’s available in English, with subtitles in Punjabi and Chinese
We will be uploading promotional materials on this page prior to our official survey launch.
If you have questions or comments about My Health My Community or how to become a community champion, please don’t hesitate to go to our Contact Us page and drop us a note.