We reserve the right to update this policy at any time. Users are responsible for reviewing this document periodically for changes.
Your access to and use of our website and its content, and any proceedings arising out of that access or use, will be governed by British Columbia law.
(a) Reserved Rights and Grant of Limited License Copyright © 2013 My Health My Community. All rights reserved.
- The content of this website is for your personal and non-commercial use. The names, logos, symbols, trademarks, photographs and/or likeness, graphics, illustrations, video, music, sound, images and other materials available are protected by copyright and trademark laws and may not be used or reproduced without the prior written approval the party to whom they belong or otherwise as set out herein.
- For clarification, the information contained in this website, including published reports and aggregate data from the My Health My Community Project, may be used for non-commercial purposes. Any such uses must retain all copyright notices, must give appropriate credit to the My Health My Community Project or My Health My Community Atlas as appropriate, and must what changes if any were made to the original.
- Contact My Health My Community at email@example.com for information on our authorization and release policies.
(b) No Advice or Warranties
- You shall be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from your use of the Site. The information on the Site is provided for educational or information purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice, whether medical, legal, or otherwise.
- My Health My Community does not guarantee the quality, accuracy, completeness or timelines of the information on the Site. While efforts are made to verify the information provided, the Site may contain typographical or other errors and should not be assumed to be error free. Furthermore, some information on the Site has been provided by third parties and has not necessarily been verified by My Health My Community.
- My Health My Community shall not be responsible for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damage or any other damages whatsoever and howsoever caused, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Site or in reliance on the information available on the Site, including the loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, or any other personal or pecuniary loss, whether the action is in contract, tort (including negligence) or other tortious action.
(c) No Endorsement
- The Site may contain links to other sites. These links are provided as references to help you identify and locate other online resources that may be of interest. Parties other than My Health My Community independently develop and maintain these other sites. My Health My Community does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of the information contained at such sites. In providing links to other sites, My Health My Community is not acting as a publisher or disseminator of the material contained on these other sites and does not seek to control the content of, or maintain any type of editorial control over, such sites.
- By providing these links to websites of outside organizations, My Health My Community is not endorsing these websites or implying any affiliation or association with the organizations concerned. We are also not responsible for the privacy practices, content, transactions and the functioning of those sites.
- If you want to provide a link to this site from your site, you can only link to our home page at myhealthmycommunity.org . You cannot use any of our icons or logos on your website without permission, and you may not use the link to our homepage to suggest that we sponsor, endorse, approve or are affiliated with you, your business or website.
(d ) Trade Marks
- Certain words, phrases, names, designs or logos used on the Site may constitute trademarks, service marks or trade names of My Health My Community or other entities. The display of any such marks or names on the Site does not imply that My Health My Community or other entities have granted a license or authorization of any kind to use such marks or names.
- The Internet is not a secure medium and privacy cannot be ensured. e-mail is vulnerable to interception and forgery. My Health My Community will not be responsible for any damages you or any third party may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential information that you make to My Health My Community through the Internet, or that you expressly or implicitly authorize My Health My Community to make, or for any errors or any changes made to any transmitted information.
(f) Access and Interference
- In using the Site, you agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to impose an "unreasonable or disproportionately large load" on My Health My Community’s infrastructure. An "unreasonable or disproportionately large load" is one that prevents other My Health My Community members and visitors from gaining fair and equitable access to web-based systems and resources.
(g) Computer Viruses
- While every effort is made to ensure that all information provided on the Site does not contain computer viruses, you should take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses and should ensure that you have a complete and current backup of the applicable items or information contained on your computer system. You should pay specific attention to some of the newer viruses that have been written to automatically execute when an infected word processing document is loaded into certain word processing programs.
(h) Choice of Law
- The laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein shall govern as to the interpretation, validity and effect of this document, notwithstanding any conflict of law provisions of your domicile, residence or physical location. You hereby consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia in any action or proceeding instituted under or related to your use of the Site.